Friday, September 20, 2019

HOW MIGRAINES EFFECT SOMEONE'S LIFE.

As a person who is suffering from migraine from a few years, I think no one knows how these headaches affect a person’s life better than me.

It was in my late childhood when first these episodes have started, I used to be dull and inactive when all the other kids used to take active participation in things, It was after a few months of these regular complaints of headaches and nausea my mother took me to a neurologist, where he confirmed that mu headaches are of migraine, he suggested me using of glasses saying that constant use of them will be helpful for my migraines.

I used them for a year or so but there was no use, instead, they became worse, and I grew averted of the glasses and all this while my classmates in school used to make fun of my me and I got rid of them.

Things didn’t get any better for me, I have regularly seen doctor, took medication. Due to this, I couldn’t concentrate on my academic life and other things. I was a dull child They say several factors are responsible for migraines be it environmental, genetically and so on. Mine was of Genetical reasons; I inherited them from my mother and my grandmother, it did affect my mother for few years and didn’t bother my grandmother as their lifestyle and food habits are entirely different from of now.

Generally, these headaches used to occur when there is slight change my schedule like when I eat when I sleep my routine shouldn’t change at any cost or else these headaches trigger and when I got in sun. For me food like cabbage and lettuce act as triggers for the headaches as well. There is always a time-lapse for these headaches, generally, they will start as mild, the pain will only be on one side of the head, and the pain will continue to increase to a point where I can count my heartbeats by simply placing a finger on the side temples of the head. Occasionally, there will be nausea and sometimes vomiting followed by it. These headaches usually last from a minimum of 3 hours to a maximum of 24 hours. 

Coffee and huge amounts of chocolate and a pain killer are my only saviors during this time. Over the years I have changed a few doctors and figured what is best for me and made changes in my lifestyle and food habits and learned to eat healthily even though it was so difficult to do in the initial days. Now, I am encountering very few episodes of these migraines than I used to have before. Life is bearable now.

Headaches are the worst thing to live with. If someone complains of having a headache or migraine be kind to them, try to create a positive and peaceful environment around them. After all, that is the only thing we can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment